Is it Christmas yet?

Since Christmas stuff is available in the shops everywhere already (and annoyingly has been for months) I decided to jump onto the waggon and make a dress suitable for upcoming holiday parties. It's the colour that makes it suitable for those occasions otherwise it's just a cute little red party dress. Whatever the occasion, I am in love with it.

I used a simple strapless bodice pattern and drafted the shoulder/back yoke. The skirt is a slight a line shape pleated at the bodice front seams and back seams for detail.

I also added a belt which is an organza ribbon with lace flowers cut out from the scraps. I also had a few scraps of the same lace in black from a dress I made for a customer earlier this year and two black velvet ribbon bows.

I also made some self fabric bias tape from the satin underneath the lace to go around the lace yoke. he dress is also fully lined.

Hopefully I will get some action shots soon.


  1. Love the red color! It's lovely with the lace overlay and yoke, and your inverted pleats (I think that's what they are called?) are so crisp on the skirt - they lay beautifully. I would say this is definitely perfect for holiday parties. Well done!

    1. Thanks Meg, you're always soooo sweet.

  2. This is beautiful! I can't wait for Christmas either! :D