9/20/2010

Horrockses Fashion Exhibition

Just thought I'd share some impressions from the lovely Horrockses Fashions exhibitions
(above) this is the dress that inspired me to use my lime green (husband calls it mustard)/black and ivory fabric
 (above) cotton wedding dress made from broderie anglais
(below) some lovely fabric swatches
(below) gorgeous fashion sketches
(below) I went with my work colleague Sam, we were both papping away like crazy.
(below) I loved those house coats. I decided I need one, especially for winter. They are so nice to wear around the house and apparently it was perfectly acceptable to greet visitor in one of them in the 40s and 50s. I agree, they are much nicer than most sweat suits a lot of people wear around their house.
(below) isn't the print just the cutest?

(below) another beautiful piece of material
two happy girlies

No comments:

Post a Comment