6/25/2010

From a buch of scraps to a bunch of tops

Sorry for the lack of posts this week. I wasn't just lazy and didn't get any sewing done, I just didn't have anyone to take any pictures of me wearing what I made.
Remember my post about a week or so ago, when a few of my dresses were borrowed to advertise a local vintage fair for charity? Well this fair is on Saturday (tomorrow) and I decided to make up a few more summer tops. I have made them before (see here and here) and they have always been quiet popular. Lets hope they will be as popular tomorrow. I had a lot of fabric scraps left over from my recent dresses and used them. I love seeing all the colours together.

I made two is blue gingham. They just tie in the back. Very cute on the beach, at a picnic or BBQ.
two in red with white spots and one in white with red sport left over from Helen's dress. They would be great to wear this Sunday at the England vs. Germany football match. I however will be wearing black red and gold to support Germany. I am sure they wont need it ;-)
And one in the green and ivory and one in yellow floral print.
This one is a slightly different style with a drawstring halter and zip closure.
back view, and one in the green again.

Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

  1. Wow...that's a lot of sewing. I hope you sell them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tagged you in the game of 8 Questions. I hope you will share with us on your blog.

    1) What outfit from a movie would you love to re-create?

    2) Tell us about your sewing spot/room. What is your favorite thing about it?

    3) Where did you learn to sew? Who taught you?

    4) If you could have dinner with one person from the past, who would it be?

    5) What/Who inspires you?

    6) What will always make you laugh?

    7) What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

    8) What is something you would like us to know about you that you have never shared on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. these tops are so summer! :) where do you get your little tags made?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for the lovely feedback.
    @ Sassy Lassie, I am happy to answer these questions, keep your eyes open for a post later this week. And the tops went down a storm. I will be posting about the event as well. It was one of the best vintage fairs I have ever been to, I have to say but more on that later.
    @ Zinnia, I get my labels from this website: http://www.wovenlabelsuk.com/

    ReplyDelete